Global Diversity & Inclusion Director, from USD 180,000 base plus package
Based in the Boston area we're seeking a holistically minded D&I specialist, for a cash rich company in growth mode.
This role will be the first of its kind for this organisation, so we're seeking an articulate, credible leader with the gravitas and commercial bias to successfully guide a leadership population who are hungry to be "ahead of the pack" in building an "employer of choice" reputation.
This role will have scope across all the company's global markets, and previous multi continent experience for successful D&I strategy design and execution, will be essential. We are particularly interested in talking to people who have lived and worked outside of their home country.
We're seeking a thought leader who can factor in multiple elements of D&I to support workforce, workplace, marketplace, and community diversity growth. These elements will pertain to gender, ethnicity, work patterns, hiring & promotion criteria, development program & mobility access, and so much more.
Attention to detail will be essential, as this person will be responsible for all compliance reporting and D&I policy development. Advanced presentation skills will be essential, with internal and external communications expected daily with relevant business stakeholders, external organizations, peer thought leaders, partners and vendors.
This is a "sole contributor" role given the company has circa 4,000 employees in total - so this person will need to be prepared for hands on delivery for D&I initiatives, as well as for strategic design. Exceptional project management skills will be expected for this person to successfully lead, plan, implement, manage change and balance the competing priorities of this new role.
Preference will be given to D&I leaders who can influence through facts & data rather than emotion - this will allow stronger "buy in" with workforces ranging from blue collar manufacturing through to white collar scientific experts.
Reporting immediately into a CHRO, this Diversity & Inclusion Leader will inherit appetite & curiosity from a leadership team who already have talent management high on their business agendas.
- Collaborate with Business Leaders to design, implement, execute and refine the firm’s Diversity and Inclusion strategies, with all initiatives aligned to business goals
- Translate D&I objectives into actionable plans and initiatives that deliver value added benefits to the business; then support business groups by advising and leading D&I Scorecard Action Plans
- Design and implement tracking strategies for metrics, monitoring and reporting to effectively benchmark organizational progress in D&I, and the impact and ROI of D&I initiatives
- Act as a catalyst for leveraging diversity and inclusion to drive sustainable growth and opportunity across all areas of the business
- Ensure diversity outcome is reflected in the workforce/workplace and in business activities, including marketing materials, outreach training, and community facing efforts
- Work collaboratively with human resource and business leaders to foster and promote a systemic practice for enabling, accessing and strengthening D&I decisions that impact people, and work practices
- Develop reports on program effectiveness and make recommendations for program enhancement and improvement
- Lead and implement programs, and act as a role model to demonstrate the firm’s core values/leadership expectations, while interfacing with multiple levels of the organization along with community outreach efforts
- Collaborative and action-oriented, with ability to influence outcomes and lead change
- Confident with strong personal initiative
- Have strong external D&I networks and partnerships, and D&I outreach initiative experience with external communities
- Executive presence with an ability to work across a range of interpersonal and behavioral styles
- Strong understanding of program/project management methodologies, business processes, and leading D&I practices
- Historic and/or current ownership of compliance reporting and D&I policy development
Base salary from USD 180,000 with bonus and benefits; and depending on experience, Director level package will apply. Relocation support is on offer for US citizens and current US work visa holders. (Apologies, but no flex is available for work visa sponsorship).
If this sounds like the kind of career challenge that might be of interest to you, please make contact directly and in confidence via email@example.com; quoting CMTS00174
Interviews are being scheduled currently with a view to extending an employment offer within May.