Diversity & Inclusion Specialist equivalent USD 180,000 base plus package
With some flex on global location, we're seeking a holistically minded D&I specialist, for a cash rich company in growth mode.
This role will be the first of it's kind for the company, so we're seeking an articulate, credible leader with the gravitas and commercial bias to successfully guide a leadership population who are hungry to be "ahead of the pack" in building an "employer of choice" organisation.
This role will have scope across all of the company's global markets, and previous multi country experience for internationally successful D&I strategy design and execution, will be highly regarded as a result.
We're seeking a thought leader who can factor in multiple elements of D&I to support workforce, workplace, marketplace, and potentially community diversity growth. These elements will pertain to gender, ethnicity, work patterns, hiring & promotion criteria, development program & mobility access, and so much more.
Attention to detail will be essential, as this person will be responsible for all compliance reporting and D&I policy development. Advanced presentation skills will be essential, with internal and external communications expected daily with relevant business stakeholders, external organizations, peer thought leaders, partners and vendors.
This is a "sole contributor" role given the company has circa 4,000 employees in total - so this person will need to be prepared for hands on delivery for D&I initiatives, as well as for strategic design. Exceptional project management skills will be expected for this person to successfully lead, plan, implement, manage change and balance the competing priorities of this new role.
Preference will be given to D&I leaders who can influence through facts & data rather than emotion - this will allow stronger "buy in" with workforces ranging from blue collar manufacturing through to white collar scientific experts.
Reporting immediately into a CHRO, this Diversity & Inclusion Leader will inherit appetite & curiosity from a leadership team who already have talent management high on their business agendas.
- Collaborate with Business Leaders to refine, implement, and/or execute the firm’s Diversity and Inclusion strategy, to align inclusion initiatives with business strategies and metrics
- Design and implement metrics, monitoring and reporting to effectively benchmark organizational progress in D&I, and act as a catalyst for leveraging diversity and inclusion to drive sustainable growth and opportunity.
- Ensure diversity outcome is reflected in the workforce/workplace and in business activities, including marketing materials, outreach training, and community facing efforts
- Translate D&I objectives into actionable plans and initiatives that deliver value added benefits to the business; then support business groups by advising and leading D&I Scorecard Action Plans, and working with all management teams to achieve diversity results
- Work collaboratively with human resource and business leaders to foster and promote a systemic practice for enabling, accessing and strengthening D&I decisions that impact people, and work practices
- Develop tracking strategies to monitor and evaluate impact and (ROI) of programs; develop reports on program effectiveness and make recommendations for program enhancement and improvement
- Lead and implement programs, and act as a role model to demonstrate the firm’s core values/leadership expectations, while interfacing with multiple levels of the organization along with community outreach efforts
- Collaborative and action-oriented, with ability to influence outcomes and lead change.
- Confident with strong personal initiative
- Have strong external partnerships and D&I outreach initiative experience with external community
- Executive presence; ability to work across a range of interpersonal and behavioral styles
- Strong understanding of program/project management methodologies, business processes, and leading practices
Base salary equivalent USD 180,000, plus bonus, benefits and relocation support are on offer.
If this sounds like the kind of career challenge that might be of interest to you, please make contact directly and in confidence via email@example.com; quoting CMTS00174
Interviews are being scheduled currently with a view to extending an employment offer end of March.