Labor / Employee Relations Leader - Germany - circa EUR 100,000 + package
We are seeking an ambitious Labour Relations specialist for a highly reputable, global company. We are also open to chatting with HR Generalists/HRBP’s who have extensive experience with German employment law, and who have operated as the employment law "subject matter expert" for their employers historically.
This is a newly created post, with a company that has a history of looking after its employees well. Based within Bundesland Hesse, this person will be the key relationship manager for the Works Council, spanning a large and diverse population of 1800+ employees.
Relationships with the Works Council are currently positive, and the company is keen to build further on this. Subsequently this Labour Relations expert will need to apply an unusually holistic focus on projects spanning Performance, Policy & Procedure design, and Employee Engagement; in addition to owning complex case management, negotiating and implementing collective agreements, and pro active resolution of employee issues.
This person will develop their strategic thinking skills, when working closely with the Senior HR leader to whom this role reports; in a company culture that focusses on solutions, rather than rigid policy and process.
This Labor Relations leader should expect many challenges and ambiguity – the company has grown quickly through acquisition as well as organically, so frameworks are not mature. With many international employees, there is a variety of cultural challenges to be addressed. The diverse workforce (manufacturing through to highly technical, and scientific) also provide unique challenges. Multiple HR teams and business leaders will be relying on this person for training and guidance.
The workforce are passionate about making difference to the health and wellbeing of their end customers, and the organisation prides itself on its commitment to conducting business in an ethical and transparent way.
Career development prospects include promotion within the broader HR function and/or international transfers. Ongoing professional development will be supported in this high profile role.
Essentials for success:
- Fluent English and German language skills – written and oral
- First hand experience operating with German employment laws, management of collective agreements within Germany, and proven success for interacting directly with German Works Councils
- Advanced commercially savvy and negotiation skills
- Consultative and advisory approach, and able to promote your message in concise and relevant terms
- You’ll be innovative, possess integrity, gravitas, and an ability to finesse personalities and know how to influence and stand your ground
- Experience working successfully across complex, matrix, international companies will be highly regarded
- Formal employment law / legal / HR qualifications will be highly regarded
Base salary upwards of €90,000, plus bonus, benefits and relocation support are on offer for EU citizens.
If this sounds like the kind of career challenge that might be of interest to you, please make contact directly and in confidence via firstname.lastname@example.org; quoting CMTS00173
Interviews are being scheduled currently with a view to extending an employment offer end of February/early March.