VP level Global HR Business Partner Fr 300,000+ base & exec package
The company has a pending role for a VP level Global HR Business Partner, who will take on functional leadership and support for a full value chain business with multi-billion dollar revenues.
This person will lead a global HR team, working to enable business growth and profitability. The company sits within a mature market, with limited opportunities for M&A expansion. As a result, growth driven by innovation for new product development, maximised efficiency of business operations, and leveraging existing commercial contracts are all key business priorities.
The business President is currently based in Switzerland, so preference will be given to HR leaders who can also be based from that country. Regular travel can be expected with executive stakeholders situated across all continents. English is the company language, and board level presentation skills will be essential.
Reporting immediately into a CHRO, this role will suit a HR leader who is inspiring, leads by example, influences with data and facts (vs just emotion) and who can keep operational demands under control without distracting from strategic priorities should be successful in this environment. HR (and business) frameworks are still being developed and refined; so patience, flexibility, resilience and a "can do" persistence will be key to effecting change and improvements.
The generous executive package will include base salary from CHF 300,000, STIP, LTIP, benefits, and relocation support.
The Execs within this company are very clear about the depth and breadth of expertise they require for this role, and are not expecting this leader to be using this as a development role. As a result we have an extensive hiring criteria "wish list", in addition to these mandatory elements:
- Direct experience in leading the overall HR function for companies and/or business units with annual revenues of USD 5 billion+
- Track record for genuine business partnership and HR interventions that have measurably improved business growth and/or profitability
- History of having lived & worked across multiple continents
- Experience in supporting C-suite stakeholders, with evidence of success in coaching, educating, developing and influencing
- Advanced commercial acumen (we will be testing the ability to interpret reality for a P&L and Balance Sheet)
- Mobility to be relocated into Switzerland (preference to EU nationals or others who qualify for Swiss B work permit)
- History of operating as a global HRBP, supporting workforces within the full value cycle chain of product corporations (preference to HR leaders with deep exposure to R&D and/or Commercial B2B Sales)
- Stable salaried career history that clearly shows development and progression within past/current employers (apologies, but this role is not available to contractors)
- Track record of working successfully across complex, matrix, multinational organisations
- Potential to progress laterally and/or into the CHRO role
If this sounds like the kind of career challenge that might be of interest to you, please make contact directly and in confidence via email@example.com; quoting CMTS00175