Commercially savvy HR Director, Vietnam based with full expat benefits package
This global company is seeking a seasoned HR Director to span across multiple countries in the South East region of Asia, reporting directly into a demanding General Manager, and to be a key contributing member of the highly experienced regional leadership team.
This rapidly expanding organisation is in growth mode, and multiple acquisitions are occurring in this region as a result - we'd love to secure a HR leader who has a flair for M&A due diligence and integration.
This person will lead a mid sized HR team, in supporting a workforce of circa 2500, with a high number of expats in place. Key priorities will include engagement, retention and performance management, along with leadership development, talent management, and upskilling of the current HR team to provide "best in class" HR services on a pro active basis.
Frameworks need to be modified and built to enable sustainable growth for the company, and there are multiple global projects that this person could initiate and develop given the high profile of this role within the organisation.
Culturally, this person will have more success in influencing through data and facts rather than just emotion. There's also an element of "grey and grizzly" within the leadership team, which means this role won't suit a modest wallflower offering theoretical HR interventions, and/or who is uncomfortable in demonstrating ROI for projects!
Given the seasonal nature of some business units, any workforce planning skills will be useful. Certainly this person will be accountable for ensuring the local HR agenda is consistent with global strategies.
There are multiple career progression options available, both lateral and vertical; within the company globally. This role will suit a pragmatic, solutions focused professional who has a love for working across multiple cultures, and a genuine interest in living and working in Vietnam.
Based from Ho Chi Minh, this role will have a local employment contract, paid in local currency, to the value of circa USD 100,000 NET of tax. An extensive expat benefits package will apply, inclusive of annual flights home, accommodation, transport, international schooling for children (if required) and a generous relocation package in addition to support for work visas and local driving licences.
We have an extensive hiring criteria "wish list" beyond everything noted here, but at a minimum, our ideal HR leader will have:
- a "can do" solutions focused pragmatism
- a track record of thinking strategically, and backing this up with day to day "hands on" as required (this is not a cushy corporate office job!)
- a strong understanding of the nuances and cultural differences between the countries in this region
- direct experience in dealing with well educated, white collar workforces; and with large numbers of expatriate populations, particularly from Australia, New Zealand & the UK
- ideally a history of working successfully through the complex matrix of an international organisation (ASX and FTSE companies preferred)
- proven success in leading and improving on HR team service delivery
- minimum Bachelor degree education and a history of undertaking regular and formal opportunities for professional development
- a stable, salaried career history showing progression and increasing levels of responsibility (apologies but contractors and consultants will not be considered by these hiring executives)
- a history of having lived & worked outside of the home country and/or a track record of multi cultural sensitivity, compassion and curiosity gained through extensive travel (ideally within this region)
If this sounds like the kind of career challenge that might be of interest to you, please make contact directly and in confidence via firstname.lastname@example.org; quoting CMTS00187